PSHE takes place once a week in a timetabled single lesson mainly with form tutors, but also with visiting speakers, Heads of Key Stage, or the Headteacher.
PSHE and citizenship link into numerous other aspects of life both in and out of school.
Below is an example of things the girls will cover throughout the year:
- Year 7 – Self-esteem, mobile safety
- Year 8 – Internet safety, smoking
- Year 9 – Human rights issues, text bullying
- Year 10 – Introduction to GCSE study skills, finance
- Year 11 – Moving on to 6th form, alcohol
- Year 12 – Expectation in the 6th form, volunteering
- Year 13 – UCAS personal statements, interviewing