The school became an academy in September 2012. To facilitate this, an Academy Trust company was established. Lady Margaret School is registered at Companies House as a charitable company and limited by guarantee, Company No: 08156535 with registered offices at 9-15 Parsons Green, London SW6 4UN.
A company limited by guarantee has both members (akin to shareholders, but without the distribution of profits) and governors (the equivalent of directors)
The members of the Academy Trust are: – London Diocesan Board for Schools – The Bishop of Kensington – The Lady Margaret School Foundation – Chair of Governors
The Governors (Governing Body) manages the school on behalf of the academy trust and its key responsibilities are to:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Hold executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its students, and the performance management of the staff
- Oversee and ensure effective financial performance.
The Governing Body monitors the implementation of policies through a sub-committee structure dealing with admissions, appointments, appeals, staff, curriculum, the development plan and Building on Success.
Like all academies, the school has the Department for Education, acting through the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) as its principal regulator.
Members of the Academy Trust nominate the 11 Foundation Governors. Members of staff elect the three Staff Governors. Parents elect the three Parent Governors. The Local Education Authority (LEA) nominated our two Local Community Governors when we were a Voluntary Aided School before September 2012. The Headteacher is a Governor ex-officio. Governors are elected for four years. To contact the governors or put forward a candidate for the Governing Body, please contact the clerk, Wendy Gainham, at school or by email.
Mr Philip Bladen – Chair
Mr Justin Bairamian – Vice-Chair
Mr William Hunter
Mrs Arabella MacIntyre
Mr Nigel Parker
Mrs Sarah Peart – Deputy Vice-Chair
Reverend Penny Seabrook
Mr Paul Sloan
Mr Philip Thomas
Mr Richard Wormell
Ms Elisabeth Stevenson
Local Community Governors
Ms Jane Reed, CBE
Mrs Maxine Boersma
Mrs Marianne Coates
Mr James Ewins
Ms Kate Foulds
Miss Vithya Premkumar
Mrs Tania Weithers
Mrs Wendy Gainham
- Governors’ Register of Interests 2020-2021
- Governing Body Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Governing Body Scheme of Delegation
- Governor Terms of Office and Categories 2020-2021
- Governor Terms of Office and Categories 2019-2020
- Governors’ Register of Interests 2018/19
- Governors’ Register of Interests 2019/20
- Governors’ Attendance 2020-2021
- Governors’ Attendance 2019-2020
- Governor Meeting Calendar
Governing Body Minutes 2019-20