Dear parents and carers and Year 6 students,
It was great to be able to welcome so many of you to school last week for our Open Sessions. We understand that lots of people were not able to join us, so we have recorded our Open Day presentation for you. We did this in one ‘take’, with short speeches from Merle and Sonia, our two Head Girls. We have outlined the Applications Process, but please do contact us if you have any questions about this.
Year 7 Admissions for September 2022
If your daughter was born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 you may apply for a place at LMS for the school year starting in September 2022 (“the Admission Year”). The school’s Year 7 Admissions Policy tells you how to apply and how we will deal with your application. Additional details of our admissions arrangements may be found in the Year 7 Admissions Handbook. If you wish to apply for a Year 7 place you must;
- Fill in the Common Application Form and send it to your local authority or online using the e-admissions by 31st October 2021
- Fill in the Additional Information Form by 31st October 2021. There are two distinct and separate systems for submitting the Year 7 Additional Information Form to Lady Margaret School. You can either submit it online or use the printed version below. Those applying online should follow the instructions given on the website. Documents may be uploaded.
- Bring your daughter to the banding test at the school on Friday 19th November 2021
If you wish to apply for a Foundation Place you must tell us about your daughter’s church attendance on the Additional Information Form.
There were 576 applications for the 120 places available in September 2021. Girls with health and care plan naming the school are admitted after consultation with the Tri-Borough SEN Department. Then we give first priority to girls who are looked after or previously looked after. We give second priority to siblings. And we give third priority to the girls who live closest to the school. Please, bear in mind that we do not have medical, social, nor financial compassion criteria in the Admission Policy.
- Year 7 Admissions Policy September 2022
- Year 7 Admissions Policy Handbook September 2022
- Year 7 Additional Information Form September 2022
- Outside Normal Age Group Application Form 2022
In accordance with Regulation 17 of the School Admissions Regulations 2012, admission arrangements must be formally determined by the responsible admission authority.
The Governing Body of Lady Margaret School hereby formally determines the admission arrangements for the academic year of entry 2022/23. The School has not made any changes to the Year 7 Policy or Handbook.
In accordance with Regulation 21 of the Regulations and Section 88 of the SSFA 1998, any person or body who considers that any maintained school or Academy’s arrangements are unlawful, or not compliant with the Code or relevant law relating to admissions, can make an objection to the Schools Adjudicator.